Yggdrasil Radio Discussion

Rockin' the World With Jpop and Your Requests
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:08 am 

Hi guys! Love the station, I've been listening to it for a good month or so. Hopefully the admins remember me.

iMoogle & Friends' Gaming Channel: http://www.justin.tv/imoogle

I've decided to implement your radio station as background music for my video game stream on Justin.tv. That way viewers are able to somewhat interact with the show a bit more. I talk to my viewers with my PC headset and read the chatroom as much as I can. I first tried out using the radio station last night and I only had about 1 or 2 trolls complaining about the music. More viewers are now coming out of their caves to finally CHAT in the chatroom about anime, which is good! I encourage my viewers to talk more.

Also, this idea helps Yggdrasil Radio get more listeners, but now they don't have to hog your bandwidth, since they can listen to the station directly from my stream (only when I'm on of course). I broadcast often, and I usually turn on background music now when I play multiplayer games.

I just wanted to let you guys know. If there're any problems with this, let me know.

- iMoogle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:15 am 

iMoogle wrote:
I only had about 1 or 2 trolls complaining about the music
- iMoogle

hehehehehe.... :) (Was it me? :P)

I post on sakuracon forums quite a lot since i went to the convention, and am thinking of adding yggdrasil radio's banner to my sig. you should add the banner somewhere below the stream -- much more convenient for everyone who follows your stream so they don't have to go out of their way to ask you what it is xD

Last edited by Velex on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:16 am 

lawlcantdeletethisdamndoublepost

Last edited by Velex on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:01 pm 

Velex, why did you post something, then quote it? Btw, I use the banner in all my signatures ^.^ (at least try to)
**edit**
lol thats funny

Last edited by shugo on Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:41 am 

shugo wrote:
Velex, why did you post something, then quote it? Btw, I use the banner in all my signatures ^.^ (at least try to)

Thought i edited my original post but instead quoted it, when firefox crashed, i decided to get off for the night there >_>;

fixed what i can. hah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:44 am 

Back to topic:
The last few days all i just saw were reuqest... and request... and request in the recently playes list.
Its good that this many request are coming in, but i miss the normal playlist too since you could hear not so popular tunes on it and thus a more bigger scale of anime songs you get to know...

I found myself frequently in a situation, that i liked the song played but were too late to pick it to favorites because i like to hear the song to the end and decide after it if its good for me or not. Since i dont write down the song name and i couldnt request it again (like the 12hour timer wouldnt let me) and also you cant pick it into the favorites from the song info box (at least when i last tried i couldnt) thus i was "forced" to wait patiently so the auto list will play it again...

Also i need to wait >30mins for my reuquested song to play... so i cant request a song before i want to leave for home and just listen to 1 more song before it since it wont be played in a few mins...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:59 am 

thely wrote:
Back to topic:
The last few days all i just saw were reuqest... and request... and request in the recently playes list.
Its good that this many request are coming in, but i miss the normal playlist too since you could hear not so popular tunes on it and thus a more bigger scale of anime songs you get to know...

I found myself frequently in a situation, that i liked the song played but were too late to pick it to favorites because i like to hear the song to the end and decide after it if its good for me or not. Since i dont write down the song name and i couldnt request it again (like the 12hour timer wouldnt let me) and also you cant pick it into the favorites from the song info box (at least when i last tried i couldnt) thus i was "forced" to wait patiently so the auto list will play it again...

Also i need to wait >30mins for my reuquested song to play... so i cant request a song before i want to leave for home and just listen to 1 more song before it since it wont be played in a few mins...

Is it really 12 hours? It seems like 4 or so hours for me.

I know what you mean, Shugo (mainly my accomplice) and I did do quite a few haruhi raids, killing off the random station song playlist for a while, and the fad (I was well aware of this). I do refrain a lot more from requesting to hear the radio when I do listen simply for your stated reason (and I still do hear a lot of Nyan Nyan Service Meledy) I know simply if I want to listen to the song, i'm going to pull up my MP3 of it instead of waiting for the station to change to hear the song i've heard (and eveyone else probably) plenty of times.

I listen to the radio because I like being a part of Yggdrasil and finding out new nice tunes, i add tunes i like to my favorites, if i see a lot from one anime that i really like, i check it out to see what it has to offer and watch it, like K-On! This is actually how i do most of my anime selection, I'm a strange one in how i select, yeah. I'm not all that good in finding animes that i like, so i go off what i know from others and what I hear, hence Haruhi. The Shoutbox has been a great help in finding out new things, like the Miku Hatsune Vegetable Dance, Maids in Akihabara fun series, and a bunch of new animes (Like the intercom's quote, that usually gives off something)

However, Yggdrasil's request feature for populars is what brought me here - The second day I had Yggdrasil favorited, I jumped into the station when the Hare Hare Yukai was playing [from shugo's request :p] and registered right after.

I think people are using proxies though to bypass the 2 per IP-request/ 20 minutes, it seems kind of predictable just by viewing the BY REQUEST box.

It does make the older crowd bored of the same repeating songs (such as Lost My Music for me, I can't really live with it anymore) ,yes, but it is popular for a reason
-- it's also causing the older listeners that aren't registered to leave, and new ones come in to replace them with the same steady number of listeners. It's kind of like a repeating thing, and popular stays popular. This statement i just said is my hypothesis.

I'd say it goes down to being a registered user in order to request is what you want, or registered users get priority over non-registered requests.

I remember Rick saying that he wanted to keep the requests this way for as long as possible, but knew eventually he may have to change it. He wants to keep that privilege for everyone being the nice guy he is, but I may just as well see it having to change if it is as bad as you claim, preferably with priority with registered users.
If they were all legit 1 or 2 requests from people, then I have to do have some sympathy for the others in their wait time. They are waiting too, after all, and did get there before you.

A third option i just came up with is if the request line is bigger than 4 or whatever, registered users get their placed as number 5 and ignore anything after that position.

Sorry for the back-on-topic semi-off-topic post.

Quote:
and also you cant pick it into the favorites from the song info box (at least when i last tried i couldnt

I'm like this, too. It does kind of pester me knowing i've lost a good 50 or so songs as of now because of this. I just never remember to post this suggestion. It would be nice to be able to add favorites on the song information window.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:01 am 

Offtop ON
4/30/2009 01:35:09 Velex: So... Yeah... Pizza Hut or Papa Johns? place your vote!
Since i never heard about Papa Johns, i'm going with Pizza Hut ;) But Don Pepe is better than Pizza Hut :P
Offtop OFF

Not sure on the 12 hours thou... Fact: If i request it at the morning, then i can request it again on the afternoon...

Velex wrote:
- I'd say it goes down to being a registered user in order to request is what you want, or registered users get priority over non-registered requests.
- A third option i just came up with is if the request line is bigger than 4 or whatever, registered users get their placed as number 5 and ignore anything after that position.

Thumb up for me for these or something similiar solution.

For example: i'm listening to Armitunes only when Yggdrasil is down :oops:
4/30/2009 04:21:20 Thely: i requested 2 song at Armitage's Dimension, and the 2nd give me this message:
4/30/2009 04:21:23 Thely: Request Failed. You have reached your request limit of 1 song per 10 user requests when the playlist is over half-full. Please try again later or when the playlist is under 5 songs.
The bad thing: i dont see how many requests are in the queue...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:06 pm 

thely wrote:
For example: i'm listening to Armitunes only when Yggdrasil is down :oops:
4/30/2009 04:21:20 Thely: i requested 2 song at Armitage's Dimension, and the 2nd give me this message:
4/30/2009 04:21:23 Thely: Request Failed. You have reached your request limit of 1 song per 10 user requests when the playlist is over half-full. Please try again later or when the playlist is under 5 songs.
The bad thing: i dont see how many requests are in the queue...

That "per user" thing is actually pretty nifty, it could be added into the script along with the timer to negate things such as my old haruhi raids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:27 pm 

With the station expanding like it is, Rick may need to incorporate that into the script. (Might be nice, or a curse)though from what I can tell, these request storms (mass request that are NOT COORDINATED) must be happening somewhere between 8:00 and 15:00, as I have not run into this problem, yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:25 pm 
Yggdrasil DJ

I doubt I am going to get that fancy, really. I may just cut back the request parameters to give them a longer wait time.