Yggdrasil Radio Discussion

Rockin' the World With Jpop and Your Requests
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:13 pm 
Yggdrasil DJ

In the early years of the station, we had someone that'd request the same two Full Metal Panic songs over and over... I didn't mind all that much; they were great songs. The songs were requested anonymously, so we jokingly referred to him/her as the "The Full Metal Panic Guy."

That guy eventually left, but then we had someone who'd request "Calling" and "Innocent Blue" over and over and over, as frequently as the limits on song repeats would let them, in the same order every time. Those are great songs too, but eventually that wore really thin.

Seriously, the guy was like a robot. Those two songs would play every couple of hours on the dot, every day, for most of a YEAR.

It got to the point that I disabled requests on those songs for around six months, I was so sick of hearing them over and over again. A while back I took that restriction off, and immediately I started hearing those two songs every few hours, all day long, day after day. So I restricted them again.

If you have a favorite song and you are in the habit of requesting that ONCE when you show up, that's fine. I welcome my daily dose of "Balalaika" when Thely logs on, for example.

But recently someone's been requesting "Someone Else," from the anime "Working!!" and Toyosaki Aki's song "love your life" ... over and over and over again, all day long.

These are great songs, but requesting a song or a series of songs, all day long, as often as you can, is something I'd like to discourage. I don't LIKE restricting things.

I'm not ready to disable requests for these songs yet. I really like them, actually. But let's be careful out there. Think of two or three OTHER songs you like and throw those into the mix too, okay?