Yggdrasil Radio Discussion

Rockin' the World With Jpop and Your Requests
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:54 am 

Ability to flagg artists as "favorite".
And on our favorite page a new tree node: Artists, under it example Hayashibara Megumi and i click on her name all her songs get listed on the right side.

So our "favorite" tree nodes would be:
* Songs by Anime
* Songs by Artist
* Artists

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:41 am 

A mobile site.

Sometimes I listen yggdrasill radio in my mobile, but try to request it's so hard, the webpage has much ajax, and images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:33 pm 

Small tweaks:
- tooltip for the "request" link saying who requested it Already has a popup...
- tooltip extra text for the "fav" icon: say who loves it from the logged in ppl
- instead of "Anime" column let it be "Anime/Game/Album" ? advantages: you can search with 1 click for songs from the same album/game; disadvantages: looks unfriendly and for the /gamemusic special seach to work it might need an extra database modification :)[/i]

Last edited by thely on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:13 am 

Small tweaks:
- 3 line in the listeners graph (behind the gradient if possible) measuring the 10, 20 and 30 ppl
- the tooltip should rather say 'last hours', since the columns are really thin and i think it shows rather the last 3 hours listener numbers...
- if possible after a search result put back the category. i mean if i select to search in titles, the search runs and the category combo forgets that i set it to title.
- clicking on favorites ikon when rating the songs is equal with giving it a thumb up. maybe demoting from favorites equals as demoting it from the green tumb too.
- The intercom title should point to ANN's anime page for the current title... till we get some images into the system
- When i open my favorites with the external link - i'm not logged in to the site - i dont see the requests buttons right away. Have to click on song info then press the request button. Was this intended to work this way? The people looking at my favorite list cant request a song this way if they dont know how the song info works. If you dont want to put up the request button, then some tooltip information would be nice on the song info picture?... Or write it somewhere: "To request a song press on the musical sign."

Bigger features:

Make the playlist pageable. pictured in my mind is something like 30/50 row per page. once i click on the 'B' link, i would get 1 extra row under it with content like: '1-50' '51-100' and '101-150'. each are links. i think the database engine provides select options for that
OR just list the titles and let us expand the actual songs under that anime title/artist name similiar to as how our favorites tree expands... just not in a tree view ^^

Done on the refactored page.

6/23/2010 08:40:10 Thely: Rick ,is it possible to display weekly request/favorite charts?
6/23/2010 08:40:18 Thely: only the top10 or 20 i think

Monthly list done on the refactored page.

6/23/2010 08:40:45 Thely: and maybe some scrolling text on this page that would display texts like:
6/23/2010 08:41:25 Thely: Mizuki nana was requested 5 times today. or We have a new member: XY! or 5 new songs added today! or ....
6/23/2010 08:44:15 Thely: it shows the message for 1min then lists the next. in an infinite loop. and offcourse its on daily basis...
6/23/2010 08:45:18 Thely: and short messages... it could include Register to vote on our songs! messages too
6/23/2010 08:47:01 Thely: or 14 songs added this week... 22 songs added this month...

oh, and polls
like you list 5 artist and ask which one do you like the best? and it will stay up for 3-5 days. then another question. and we could see past votes\

Last edited by thely on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Song submittion feature
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:20 pm 

The current amount of songs that is available now is good but perhaps could be further expand should there be some way for members who are willing to submit songs that are either under the special request or not available.
Just my cents.

I wont mind lending a hand to help make this possible since i kinda prefer listening in to this shout-cast compared to others. Decent sound quality and lesser interruptions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:52 pm 
Yggdrasil DJ

I wish I had a facility for uploading songs, but I'm not leet enough to set that up. Maybe someday. What people usually do is upload on Rapidshare or some similar service and then email me a link.

Or, they tell me the song title / artist / etc and I try to find it. If I get desperate enough I'll rip it from Youtube or even from an anime episode if the song isn't stepped on too much by sound effects and/or dialog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:51 am 

I see, how does a upload only FTP sounds to you? I am not sure if that would be good enough. although I do have a considerable amount of songs but to upload all of them via free hosting sites might be slightly inefficient imho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:20 am 

I suggest you discuss this further in mail kyosuke... ? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:00 pm 

thely i supposed your right about that, prolly this could be done over the mail or something =P.

I just realised there is no song dedication. I do know that it is easier said than done but personally i feel that it would definitely help to make it a better experience for all listeners tuning in. Just my opinion though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:23 am 

song dedication? like who requested to be added to the playlist?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:08 am 

Hmmm perhaps along that line that allowing the dedicator to type in their dedication message and have it display on the Web.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:57 am 

7/7/2010 10:44:53 Thely: mm... i just thought up something hard: a side application or something... we have our favorite list right? its wouldnt be bad if we were informed when a song from that list is coming up... :P
7/7/2010 10:46:14 Thely: as far i know normal playlist items known 4-6 songs ahead... the problem is the requested ones... they are only up 0/1 song ahead

7/8/2010 03:22:21 Thely: right, another idea: quick list from a max. 10 song for logged in users. it will show up on the right side of the intercom, will be same hight. we will be able to mark 10 song from our favorite list. any of those 10 are available (out of the already playeed time limit) for request would be listed in the box mentioned. song should have a link that should work as request button

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:15 am 

10/13/2010 07:08:31 Thely: small request: i really would love some avatar when i'm logged in :blush: (in intercom and in the online row too)
10/13/2010 07:09:59 Thely: like the song info icon... that is 16x16, so maybe 20x20 for avatars?...

example images: Image or Image
suggestions:
1. name the file after the user's name or
2. name the file after the user's id or
3. store the file[+path] in a new column of the user table or
4. store the whole picture in the database (since they are really small, max. 20k and that would be really huuge i think) - thou i'm not sure how will it show from the select...

and this row: "Thely signed in [big space] Sign Out" changes to "Thely signed in [space] Change avatar [space] Sign Out"

Change avatar would go to a simple file upload, restricted to picture files and 20x20 size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:09 am 

This is for the refactored page, i bet lot from these are already on Rick's todo list ^^, but just in case, collected them here.
(PS: Old suggestion posts contains good ideas too ;))

1. New WHITE buttons - hard to see them, pls change them to some gradient and/or glass like pale blue style
2. Playlist and other tabs should have a thin border left, right, bottom. Same for the playing and recently played boxes.
3. Still missing links: Forum, donate, faq, mobil. These can now be putted to the login boxes left side, aligned to left margin. i think they will fit in now.
4. Missing video tab page.
5. A longer coming up list. The old was wide, soo it displayed a lot of anime/artist. If you could change it to a link that would show the /queue DJ searchresults on a popup window that would be nice. :)
6. Songrating icons: aligned to the right side of the now playing list into 1 column, ordering/aligning: thumb up in same row as the song title, thumb down in the same row as the artist, heart icon in the same row as the song's lenght. (and offcourse clickable... ;))
7. Requested and promo/addin short talk should each have a different background color.
8. Your favorite songs should have a different background color than all the other songs in EACH kind of songlist OR ICON.
9. OP/ED songs should have a different background color than all the other songs in EACH kind of songlist OR ICON.
10. when logging the "new music" tab should be active.
11. banner backgrounds: all should have a default background, either vertical or the horizontal gradient. would look nicer when the actual background loads and they only need to be 1-5px high/width, so it will be quick to load :)

Last edited by thely on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:36 am 

11/2/2011 05:27:44 Thely: mmm... somewhere show quick links for: latest searches (up to 5), and 5 fix searches (fall2011, summer2011, and the 3 most requested artist from the top list)
11/2/2011 05:29:39 Thely: offcourse the fix search box should change to winter2012, fall2011 when we change into the winter season (auto!)... :)

11/16/2011 07:24:22 Thely: can you determine how many listeners are connected on each line? and write it out something like "18 / 100 listeners" instead of "max 100 listeners"
11/16/2011 07:25:18 Rick: I could! And I might do that sometime.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next