Yggdrasil Radio Discussion

Rockin' the World With Jpop and Your Requests
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anime from Malaysia
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:39 pm 

Hi Everybody,

Have you purchased anime from Malaysia yet? You can get it on EBAY super cheap. I've found many of my favorite titles for around $15 with free shipping. That's for an entire series. The only problem is the Malaysian manufacturers keep the merchandise cheap by reducing the number of discs from what you would find from the usual manufacturers. Fewer discs means more episodes crammed on a disc and the reduction in quality is noticeable.

But the deals can be amazing. I bought the Bleach series all 366 episodes subbed in English for $35.50. It comes on 16 discs with about 24 episodes per disc. The video quality is noticeably degraded but I'm thrilled to have the complete Bleach series which I wouldn't pay full price for and I don't know if you could find all the episodes to buy anyways.

Another great deal was a Studio Ghibli 17-Movie Collection for $13.75. That's right 17 movies for cheap.

Teddy
tcisek@utexas.edu

Post subject: Re: Anime from Malaysia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:58 am 

Aren’t they just pirated though? I doubt those manufactures actually pay for licenses. It might be worth buying if you collect DVDs, but otherwise you can just download the cartoons from torrents in whatever quality you want, then store on a hard drive or burn on DVDs yourself if you want.