Yggdrasil Radio Discussion

Rockin' the World With Jpop and Your Requests
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hare Hare!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:38 pm 

Whew. Tried to learn Haruhi's Hare Hare dance at Animinneapolis con. Only started learning. Teyaberri put in an appearance as Haruhi but didn't join in... but she had to prep for her show immediately afterward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:08 pm 
Yggdrasil DJ

Oh, you were at AniMinneapolis too?? I was at the Hare Hare Yukai panel too, sitting in the back, and helping unstack chairs just before TeyaBerri / MintBerri's panel. That was GREAT! And TeyaBerri was so nice to me earlier in the day doing a lot of elaborate posing for photographs in her Haruhi costume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:51 pm 

rickadams wrote:
Oh, you were at AniMinneapolis too?? I was at the Hare Hare Yukai panel too, sitting in the back, and helping unstack chairs just before TeyaBerri / MintBerri's panel. That was GREAT! And TeyaBerri was so nice to me earlier in the day doing a lot of elaborate posing for photographs in her Haruhi costume.

Halfway through, I had to take off my blue Yggdrasil Radio T-shirt and show only my Extreme Anime Radio shirt. I'd planned on switching earlier, but with all the panel schedule changes on the last day I didn't have time to go to the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 am 
Yggdrasil DJ

There's no such thing as an official "Yggdrasil Radio t-shirt" -- YET -- so either you're trolling me or you had one made up special. If I'd run into someone at the con wearing such a shirt, I don't know what I'd have done... Screamed? Cried? Both? As you probably know, I tried to come up with a shirt for the con but wasn't happy with the design. Anyway, I'd have LOVED to have seen that, and it's a pity I didn't!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:02 am 

I was trolling all day for you with that bit of fan art. It only took 30 minutes to GIMP up an image, look at a couple of printing services, and order it. Sky blue is the obvious color for your Belldandy flavoring, and that happened to be a standard color.

I didn't have a cosplay for Sunday, and it seemed like a good day to promote anime radio stations. So the cost of a T-shirt became a cheap cosplay... because I was cosplaying as a Yggdrasil Radio fan, in front of a bunch of people who if they noticed the shirt probably didn't know that it was a fictional costume.

:D

Sometimes I'm too subtle, despite my amusement.

More people saw me on Saturday, however. I was helping Sumomo cosplay as herself. The hard part was giving her a way to hang on to my shoulder without duct tape. I hope that next year she'll be sitting up properly (that's not easy - her head is heavy).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:49 am 
Yggdrasil DJ

By "trolling" I meant that you were funning me and you were wearing no such t-shirt. It's really too bad I didn't spot you; I'm not sure what my reaction would have been, but I assure you it would have been entertaining!

To say that I'm pleased that you did that would be an understatement.

Got a photo of that?

For Sumomo, maybe some sort of frame cradled around her head, ducttaped to your shoulder, or equivalent, fashioned out of coat hanger wire?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:49 am 

Oh, I was really trolling... I tossed the bait out behind the boat and puttered back and forth slowly to see if anything bit. If you're interested in Haruhi, you probably also missed seeing the shirt while I had lunch in the courtyard during the Haruhi photoshoot time slot.

Oh, I could have propped her up, but if Sumomo is going to portray herself then she should have no prop or it should be disguised (such as an umbrella, which disguises the fact that it's a rigid vertical rod). She had no visible means of support (and I managed to not damage the shirt either) this weekend. She's already more articulated than she was a month ago, and I expect that for her next appearance she'll also be more animated.