Yggdrasil Radio Discussion

Rockin' the World With Jpop and Your Requests
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:01 am 
Yggdrasil DJ

Not much time right now to type, but I wanted to mention that I added a feature to set certain users as "editors" that can edit song tags. When these people go to the song info page (with Skuld), they'll see an "edit" button. Click on that and edit the song tags.

Edits are queued for my approval. It's not perfect yet; there's no indication when you submit an edit that anything happened, but you just have to take it on faith that it went on the edit queue. That does mean that you'll have a tough time keeping track of which songs you've edited.

I've just set Thely as an editor for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:09 pm 

*grins wickedly* :twisted:
*testing* :P

5/17/2009 15:05:35 Thely: Rick: keyword's syntax? separate with [space] ?
5/17/2009 15:06:08 Thely: and how to enter "My Hime" there?

On further thought, might be ease your confirmation if we could type in to an extra field where we got the information of the edit. Example: i would copy paste the ANN page's link where i read it. So you - might - not need that much checking on the requested changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:18 pm 
Yggdrasil DJ

I haven't quite nailed down exactly what I want to do with the keywords feature yet, so we won't be doing anything with that just yet.

Try not to change the spelling or capitalization of existing song titles, artists, or anime series, unless you really do think it's a mistake. Usually once I've decided on the spelling, I'm reluctant to change it.

I put your first batch in!

Your info link idea is a good one. I'll have to see if I can figure out a way to put that in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:38 pm 

About notifying the user from the accepted edits:
- when i submit a tag change request then in my user record 2 field will be increased by one named: 'submitted', 'checked'
- when you accept/deny a change a corresponding field in my user record will be increased by one named: 'denied',''accepted'
- when i log in the intercom checks: if (submitted_changes == accepted_changes + denied_changes) and 'checked'==1 then write_out_"Thely's edit tag change requests had been checked (or revised?)." then sets the 'checked' field back to 0.

But this would add to the intercom's already much resource appetite.

Should be the check made when the user login's rather? And "thely signed in" could change to "Thely signed in [enter]tag changes revised"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:44 am 

Another thing: today i posted again a modification that you might refuse. The explanation for that i had to write to the "Info text" field such needing you manually edit the info text field again to cut the explanation out.
So where - above - i mentioned where i could type in the source url for that information, i could explain the modifications also?

Again another thing: sent you 2 tag edit request for the same song. I hope the 2nd doesnt "updated" the 1st request...

And further: if you would like to make adding OP, ED texts into the info field quicker, then:
- put a chechbox saying "Opening theme" and after it a field to type in which one (example 5, 2 etc.)
- put a checkbox saying "Ending theme" and after it a field to type in which one (example 5, 2 etc.)
otherwise we still can edit the info field.
If a checkbox is checked: after submit/at submit it will concatenate the field and the text like:
- info field content: OAV
- checked ending theme
- wrote in 4
--> info field result that gets committed: OAV, Ending theme 4