Yggdrasil Radio Discussion

Rockin' the World With Jpop and Your Requests
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:38 pm 

http://www.keiichisama.com.ar/aks/archives/20

Translation of text:
Mini-Review
An adventure game based on a menu ( "choose your own adventure") with a little fighter. It is nothing more than a book interactive. The wave is not finish the game fast, but to explore all options by choosing different actions at different times.

Manufacturer and price
The game is published by BANPRESTO, a subsidiary of Bandai group. The last price I knew the game was 9800 yen, but I guess that is already broken and I do not think that is easy to achieve. To my taste malísimo another game.

Compatibility
The game runs on a Win95 standard. Perhaps not appear any menu or message during installation, but we can play well.
Minimum Configuration: Win 95 / 16 Mb / 100Mb of space on the hard / CD-ROM 32x / 640 × 480, 250 colors.
Recommended configuration: Pentium 100 MHz / 32Mb / 100Mb / 16 bit / Sound Blaster 16-compatible sound. Need a software display Japanese characters (KView of Kureo or NJWIN Hong Bo system). If you do not know how to read Japanese, it does not matter, we can choose any option, and let the story continue.

Content CD
* The main game: previously described.
* Video: a small video serving your presentation instead of the game.
* Skuld's Bug Bashing Game: a small arcade style game. Skuld trying to crush vermin. I like more than the main game.
* Wallpapers: 29 bitmaps to use as wallpapers. They are in 3 sizes.
* Screensaver: 6 scenes fun of the goddesses in SD. I think that can be configured, but the configuration is saved and not only is 640 × 480 and no sound (if applicable).
* Clock Banpei-kun: An alarm clock with the side Banpei-kun. The alarm appears Belldandy, Urd or Skuld, which tell you when it's time with their beautiful voices.
* Audio files: more than 24 Mb of sound. Not only words of Belldandy for the installation guide (Te spoke during installation!), But there are 3 sets of sound system for Windows, each corresponding to Belldandy, Urd and Skuld.
* Puzzle: Each of the bitmaps can be used in a puzzle. There are 3 levels which are the sizes of the pieces (64 × 64, 32 × 32, 16 × 16), every time we do something good, one of the goddesses you felicitara.
* Of Mouse Pointers: 10 pointers animated.

Download Link: http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en ... 3DZ0S3YVWS
Password to unrar it: www.keiichisama.com.ar

Last edited by alatnet on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:15 am 

Great find Alatnet.

*Sorry for the double post, but I need one post in order to post links.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:15 am 

Great find.

Just a couple quick things. I'm kind of tired, so please excuse spelling and grammar mistakes. Also I'm sure some of you already know about this stuff.

-I was able to install it, but I had to rename the folder that it was extracted to as the installer couldn't read some of the invalid characters in the folder name. I was able to install all the game files correctly, but couldn't finish the installation when it got to some sort of directx thing it wanted to install, but I didn't need it so I just cancelled the install. I then went to the folder where everything was installed.

-You don't have to download anything to display the text right, if you already have your computer set correctly.

For XP(I have a Vista and XP computer, but I usually use my XP machine for these kinds of things), have your Regional and Language options under Advanced set to "Japanese" and make sure under Languages that you have the East Asian Pack installed pack installed.

I usually keep my system like this as I come across Japanese text a lot.

-Next, if you want to translate the visual novel part of the game, you can actually capture the Japanese text and put it through a translator. Some of you might know about "Oh My Text Hooker" (Or whatever it was called), and the better and more modern Anime-Game-Text-Hooker (Made by a different person). Pretty much used for visual novels and dating sims (Such as the Shuffle game and the 2 sequels).

AGTH - http://agthook.googlepages.com/index.html

That will allow you to capture text from the game. To translate the game, you need a translator. One of the better ones has a trial.

Atlas V14 is a translation program, the quick atlas part of it translates anything that is copied (Which is what AGTH does) and displays, in engrish what it was saying. While it isn't always a beautiful translation, it gives you the gist of what is going on. Remember you need to have the setting "Automatic Clipboard Translation" set.

Atlas V14 - http://www.fujitsu.com/global/services/software/translation/atlas/downloads/index.html

After playing this game for a little bit, the translations aren't pretty because of the way some of the text is being grabbed. You can manually copy some text from the agth window to get a better idea of what is going on, but the names aren't being translated right and screwing things up.

Anyway, to start AGTH and the game (AGTH starts the game so it can scan the memory of the game to determine where the game text is being sent so it can copy it). You're icon target must look something like.

Code:
"E:\agth\agth.exe" /C /V "E:\Program Files\ああっ女神さまっ\GAME\megami.exe"

Thanks a lot alatnet. A fun new/old game for the new year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:52 am 

Wow, i never knew bout that stuff.
Awesome, cant wait to translate it using various stuff.

Is there any programs that can replace the jap text with the translated english text?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:13 pm 

Hmmm, there was one I tried a year or two ago that would intercept the in-game text, translate it, and spit it back into the game screen so you didn't see the Japanese text at all. I can't remember the name though :oops: . I do know it was buggy and didn't work for a wide range of games that people use agth for, so it never became all that popular. I'll see if I can't find it again.

Edit:
Okay, I found it. However it is an adult section of the hongfire forum; however, I don't know the rules when it comes to linking to other forums or to an adult section (Even thought the post itself contains no adult images from what I could see). If I can get a nod from Rick or Paul, I'll post the link and how it works. Otherwise I can just upload the files to my site and provide a link (Though that feels like taking credit for something I didn't make).

Edit 2:
Online Anime Game Translator

NOT SAFE FOR WORK
The following link goes to a site that contains adult anime images. While the page linked to does not contain any said images itself, clicking on any of the links on the page may send you somewhere that contains adult images.

OAGT - *NSFW* http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61539 *NSFW*

You'll want the attachment in the post OAGT_V107.zip

Okay, how to get this working. I tested this on Windows XP: Service Pack 2. Also my advanced settings are set to Japanese (Look at above post for AGTH).

You pretty much have to create a new profile for the game, as this software comes with profiles for dating sims (with the option to include information about the game including a link to the makers site or anywhere else, these sites may link to graphic content, if you don't want these kind of links anywhere near your computer, don't download it).

Enough warnings for you all? No wonder better complain :)

Back on topic. After you unzip it, click on the OAGT exe file in the OAGT folder.

-Select New (Left most icon)

-Give the profile a name.

-Company and Getchu info not needed.

-Make sure the Ah My Goddess game is launched.

-Now you should be able to select the Window Caption tab, click on the button to the far right of it, and select ああっ女神さまっWindows95

-Method should be TextOutA

-Translator: If you have Atlas V14 installed, I suggest using that, otherwise you can use google translator or babel fish (Haven't tried either of these).

-Text Areas

This is where you want the captured text to appear in the game window. Check Area #1, and then click Define

-Define Area #1

Click on the button far right of the word rectangle, a screen should come up showing the Ah my goddess game. At this point I suggest you already be at a point in the game where some text is being displayed, so you know what area to select.

To select the area, simply click and drag a box where you want the captured text to be displayed in english. That's it, should bring you back to the define text area.

I had everything else unchecked, and had text color near the bottom set to black. That's it.

Okay, now everything is okay, you should be able to click on the Capture button on the OAGT, the game window should say something about OAGT.

Special Note: Here I came across a bug. When ever you click the mouse button, you might see the text for a second, and then it disappears. Like I said before, this software is kind of buggy, and hence why everyone use AGTH. However, if you hold down the mouse button when you click, you'll be able to read the text. As soon as you unrelease the mouse button, the text goes away. Kind of stupid, but hey *shrugs*.

A readme is included in the OAGT_V107.zip for further information.