Yggdrasil Radio Discussion

Rockin' the World With Jpop and Your Requests
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:18 pm 
Yggdrasil DJ

Unfortunately, to provide partial downloads of the songs, I'd have to move them to a directory under the webroot on the request server.

This would mean that it'd be child's play to reverse engineer whatever mechanism I used to provide a small sample, and download the whole song. I don't want to expose myself to the legal liability.

The only other way would be to actually produce 20 second mp3s from the start of all the songs, and put them in a different directory. And that way lies madness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:39 am 

Some new pre-definined searches like /gamemusic:
- /seasonal: will list all current spring/summer/fall/winter anime title's songs the station has
- /70: will list all the songs that belong to anime titles originaly aired (and its not a remake) between 1970.01.01 and 1979.12.31
- /80: same as above, just the time range is 1980.01.01 - 1989.12.31
- /90: same as above, just the time range is 1990.01.01 - 1999.12.31
If the 10 year gap ends up too big, then i think 5 year gap would be perfect.

Adding some special keywords: GITS for Ghost in the shell, CCS for Card Captor Sakura, AMG/OMG for godesses... etc. FMA for alchemist, and so on...

PS: Could these be listed in some sticky? The current pre-definied searches too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:34 am 

rickadams wrote:
The only other way would be to actually produce 20 second mp3s from the start of all the songs, and put them in a different directory. And that way lies madness.

You may come up with a small PHP snippet, wich is accessed by a "download" button. The snippet reads the mp3 file as binary, but only a fixed amount of bytes from the beginning. This file-part would be sent to the requesting client using PHP's functions to send user generated HTTP headers.

The byte range for the cutting section should be great enough, since id3 tags may be stored at the beginning of the file (id3v2, the older id3v1 are located at the end of the file).

Of course, some players could have a problem with that, since the mp3 header fields are showing a different file length then the actual file size is. Media Player Classic (ie.) dislikes something like this, while winamp and VLC won't see any problems (and, if any, ignore them).

I didn't try this way out myself, but if won't take much to code something like that.

Greetings, Chiaki~

// edit by Chia

I'm on holidays, so I came up with this tiny code, wich can be tested on...
>> http://dark-chiaki.net/test/00210024/
The code can be viewed on the same site...
>> http://dark-chiaki.net/test/00210024/?code

The sample will be sent as a variable % of the filesize (ie. 25%) to compensate various bitrates resulting in various filesizes. Of course, if the song is 15 minutes, you'll get a relative large sample, but I think that won't be sooo bad. On the other end, if the original file is too small, the extracted sample won't contain enough data for the audio player to play the sample at all, so the script stops if filesize is below 1,5 MB (it also stops on various errors).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:38 pm 

Could you set the now playing/recent played list to show the name of the sound clips that sometimes play in between songs (like the anime the clip came from)

Thanks,
CampSoup1988

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:40 am 

CampSoup1988 wrote:
Could you set the now playing/recent played list to show the name of the sound clips that sometimes play in between songs (like the anime the clip came from)

The same could be applied to the intercom tittle with a "Show anime" link, so if someone doesnt know can check it. - Done

Last edited by thely on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:47 am 

thely wrote:
CampSoup1988 wrote:

The same could be applied to the intercom tittle with a "Show anime" link, so if someone doesnt know can check it.

The intercom title is an anime quote? I thought it was just a random comment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:52 am 

Found a youtube vid of a collection of vocaloid songs with links in the description that can be downloaded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWa604Ta ... c-rn-1f-19
These sound pretty good, though I don't expect you to add all of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:24 pm 
Yggdrasil DJ

Showing the anime drops in the 'now playing' and 'previously played' areas... interesting idea! How about station promos such as the 'bagpipes' promo?

The intercom title is sometimes a status message, sometimes a random comment, but usually is a quote from either a currently-playing anime or a classic anime from years back. Some way to denote what anime it's from would be a good idea too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 am 

1. Please add the Info row to the favorite lists! (full list, and the pages appearing by clicking on a node in the tree view) - Done

2. sortable special searches, like the missingyear or missinginfo

Last edited by thely on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:22 pm 

I have two suggestions Ive been meaning to suggest.

1. being able to rate a song when viewing its profile (good for if you wanted to rate a song but did not get to the site till the song ended or no longer listed as current song)

2. the ability to change a rating you gave. There has been a number of times I have rated a song that was just about over, but did not realize the current song already changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:49 am 
Yggdrasil DJ

If you catch it in time, you can alter your vote. If you've hit the "thumbs up," hit the "thumbs down" and it'll take away your "yes" vote rather than changing it to a "no" vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:57 pm 

rickadams wrote:
If you catch it in time, you can alter your vote. If you've hit the "thumbs up," hit the "thumbs down" and it'll take away your "yes" vote rather than changing it to a "no" vote.

How about unfav?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:24 am 

right now go to your favorite list, search for the song and click the remove button...
would be nice if the heart would word like the thumbs... deleting the favorite from our list when clicked again ^^ if thats what you mean camp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:44 pm 
Yggdrasil DJ

I changed it so clicking on the favorites thumb a second time will remove the favorite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:56 pm 

thely wrote:
right now go to your favorite list, search for the song and click the remove button...
would be nice if the heart would word like the thumbs... deleting the favorite from our list when clicked again ^^ if thats what you mean camp

Yes, that was what I was thinking of for both fav and the thumbs up/down

Thanks Rick for adding it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next